Successfully carrying on RAM's image onto a new generation is the 2019 RAM 1500. This new innovative design brings a large focus on aerodynamics that achieves a number of things such as; reduced wind noise, more air directed to the rear spoiler, a bed with reduced drag and smoother flow of air along the body via a wheel-to-wheel tubular side-step design. Other big improvements include full LED adaptive front-lighting, increased cab volume and a 12-inch touchscreen.
- All-new 2019 Ram 1500 gears up for high-end with innovative design, highest quality materials and class-exclusive technology with “unbreakable interlocking” theme for enhanced appearance and aerodynamics
- The new face of Ram includes a chiseled Ram’s head logo and “RAM” grilles
- Most dramatic differentiation between models across six distinct price classes
- All-new full LED Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS), including twin bi-functional projector headlamps, fog lamps and tail lamps
- Lighter, longer and wider, including an overall cab length increase of four inches, creating the most spacious interior for additional features and passenger comfort
- Nearly 100 percent more storage capacity versus closest competitor at 151.1 liters
- First FCA application of 12-inch fully configurable touch screen includes tailor-made graphics for various Ram models
- Reimagined center console with 12 different storage configurations offers never-before-seen customization for the most active interior real estate
- Second row includes slide reclining seats to eight degrees, a true flat-load floor with integrated RamBins with tie-down rings and expandable under seat storage
- All-new switch bank with dedicated toggle switches, wireless charging dock and up to five USBs, including four type C/A ports.
- RAM Trucks USA
Overall, for 2019, RAM focused on improving durability, weight and rigidity while increasing payload to 2 300 LBS and towing capacity to 12 750. Its new high-strength steel frame is largely to thank for this which allows the 3.6-liter V6 or 5.7-liter HEMI V8 of your choice shine through. Helping to throw that power around with confidence is are new independent front suspension components; a five-link coil suspension, composite upper control arms and aluminum lower control arms, among many others changes.
- Overall weight reductions totaling nearly 225 pounds net when compared to previous model
- New frame features 98 percent high-strength steel to improve durability, weight and rigidity for improved handling
- Strongest Ram 1500 ever with most efficient frame in the segment – 100 pounds lighter with 98 percent high-strength steel
- Maximum payload increased to 2,300 pounds, and maximum trailer tow to 12,750 pounds
- New Ram 1500 is the segment’s most aerodynamic pickup with .357 coefficient of drag and features exclusive active aerodynamics: grille shutters, air dam and air suspension
- All-new Frequency Response Damping (FRD) shocks deliver the best combination of ride, handling and comfort in a pickup
- Next generation, class-exclusive air suspension enhances fuel efficiency, improves ride, and gives greater off-road capability, load-leveling and entry/exit convenience
- Largest front brakes in segment at 14.9 inches and new electric parking brake
- New 4x4 Off-road Package includes suspension with one-inch lift, electronic locking rear axle, tuned shocks and Hill-descent Control.
- RAM Trucks USA
Along with some of the changes mentioned above, fuel efficiency was also improved by; an electric motor to power the rack-and-pinion steering system, fully electronic TorqueFlite transmissions with 40+ shift maps also and variable camshaft timing all are big contributors. Thanks to these technologies power output got a slight bump as well.
- 2019 Ram 1500 delivers significant gains in fuel efficiency with eTorque mild hybrid system on second generation 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 and legendary 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engines – widest use of mild hybrid technology in the segment
- eTorque combines belt-drive motor generator unit with 48-volt battery pack to enable start/stop function, short-term torque assist and brake energy regeneration
- eTorque adds up to 90 lb.-ft. of torque to the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 and up to 130 lb.-ft. to the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8
- Frame-mounted active tuned mass modules (ATMM) and Active Noise Cancellation in cabin expand use of Fuel Saving Technology cylinder cutoff on 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 and enable quiet cabin at 67.1 db
- New generation of TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmissions provide improved efficiency with more powerful control computers
- New electronic locking rear differential is standard on 4x4 Off-road Package and Rebel, available on all models
- Heat exchanger system now includes industry-first thermal axle to quickly warm rear axle gear oil, maximizing axle during warm-up.
- RAM Trucks USA
Safety & Security
Like most new next-generation vehicles sold today, active safety tech can be found here. Adaptive cruise, braking, collision, lane departure, parking, and blind-spot systems make the list. These are all the latest in advanced safety from FCA. Over 100 safety and security features can be found on the 5th Generation RAM 1500 even right down to basic tech like its 14.9 inch front disc brakes, the highly efficient energy absorbing front frame rail structure and even a new tire-fill alert system.
- All-new 2019 Ram 1500 offers more than 100 safety and security features
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop, Go and Hold
- Forward Collision Warning-Plus warns the driver if impact appears imminent, and assists driver response by deploying brakes
- Ready Alert Braking and Trailer-sway Damping control
- LaneSense Lane Departure Warning-Plus alerts and assist the driver with corrective action
- ParkSense Parallel/Perpendicular Park and Hill-start Assist uses ultrasonic sensors to help the driver perform technical maneuvers.
- RAM Trucks USA
Opt for UConnect 4C and you get an impressive 12-inch touchscreeen infotainment system that's reconfigurable and comes with graphics made specifically for various RAM products. Equipped with a 900-watt Harmon Kardon 19-speaker system you will find it hard to not be impressed even with the price markup it demands. from the standard 8.4-inch system.
- All-new 2019 Ram 1500 delivers innovative, state-of-the-art technology with award-winning fourth-generation Uconnect system and class-exclusive, 12-inch reconfigurable touchscreen display featuring split-screen capability for dual-application operation
- All-new SiriusXM with 360L personalized listening experience with more variety, smart content, recommendations and thousands of hours of on-demand audio
- Fourth-generation Uconnect system SiriusXM Guardian Connected Services delivers advanced in-vehicle connected services, including 4G Wi-Fi hotspot capability
- The most powerful audio system ever available in a pickup, Harman Kardon audio system with 19 premium speakers, 900-watt surround sound amplifier, 10-inch subwoofer and active noise cancelation
- 360-degree Surround View Camera with bird’s-eye perspective of vehicle
- New multifunction USB ports and optional integrated wireless charging pad
- Available navigation system accommodates one-step, voice-controlled destination entry and enhanced 3-D navigation map graphics
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay enable link with Uconnect 8.4-inch and 12-inch touchscreens.