Where are all the engine options? - 2019+ 5th Gen Ram Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rebellious

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Where are all the engine options?

Hey hey. I owned a Ram 1500 years ago, and after seeing the incredible improvements on the 2019 model I've decided to take a closer look. I've already been to the dealer for a test drive, but discovered that none of the smaller engine models are currently available? Basically just the Hemi. Any ETA on this?
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 04:40 PM

Due to an EPA Certification issue, those powertrains have been put off.
I'm still amazed at how something that seems rather simple is holding them back so much.
At this rate any time now those powertrains should be cleared.... fingers crossed.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

That's a little concerning. I was hoping that Ram was ahead of the curve with these new mild hybrid systems, but it seems like they may have jumped the gun. Not really interested in the V8, so I guess we'll just have to wait for some updates.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 08:38 PM

So I thought after seeing the hybrid Pacifica, that to me signaled FCA was getting ready for a broader roll out as new generations of products come out.
Lucky for all brand competing in this segment is that no one launched a hybrid truck as yet, only option is from small scale companies that do retrofits
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 09:13 AM

Welcome to the forum. Oddly enough there hasn't really been any news about the Ram hybrid delay, since it was first reported on. That was weeks ago, which to me indicates it might be a bigger problem to fix then we thought. The Pacifica Hybrid is a pretty impressive vehicle, especially its 33 miles of pure electric range.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 02:51 PM

Welcome to forum, glad to have you here. I would imagine that dealers are just as upset by the delay, because I bet you aren't the first customer to be uninterested in the Hemi.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 04:33 PM

I hope that anyone interested is getting themselves in line because once the gates open these will hit the market in large numbers.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcomes. And just a fyi that the 5.7l Hemi V8 is available with the eTorque mild hybrid system, which the dealer really tried to sell me on. After doing some research it looks like it boosts efficiency by a whopping 2mpg lol.
5thbull likes this.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 09:17 AM

Its odd that the Hemi had no issues passing EPA certification, but the smaller engines are still struggling. Perhaps the expectations for fuel economy on the 3.6l are much higher and Ram is having difficulty meeting those numbers.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebellious View Post
Thanks for the welcomes. And just a fyi that the 5.7l Hemi V8 is available with the eTorque mild hybrid system, which the dealer really tried to sell me on. After doing some research it looks like it boosts efficiency by a whopping 2mpg lol.
I learned that not always are these systems meant to make a difference to owners but sometimes to please the regulators and to look better on marketing materials. Seeing the information from different angles points you to that conclusion.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page