Interior dashboard compartment issue - 2019+ 5th Gen Ram Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Interior dashboard compartment issue

Wondering if anyone is seeing this issue yet, besides myself, on their new ram. My 2019 dash compartment (above glove box), when riding over bumps/unevenness in the road, the light flickers inside the compartment. It’s pretty distracting and annoying, only visible at night. It’s fully closed and it seems that the mechanism (which is not visible inside the compartment) does not latch tightly enough as there is about a 1/4 inch gap from the bottom of the closed cover to the dashboard. I thought about using Velcro tape inside the lip to help keep it closed more tightly. Anyone else seeing this issue ?
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 08:13 AM

The cabin was one area where I didn't think we'd see any issues with the new Ram, considering how premium it is. Haven't heard this reported before. You could also maybe consider placing a small magnet to help it stay closed.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 07:37 PM

I suggest you check with your dealer as to what can be done. Being a new vehicle under warranty they should have no problem looking into it.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 08:05 AM

Not sure how long you've had your new Ram for, but I wouldn't forgive fit and finish issues like this, especially considering what you've paid for it. I wouldn't imagine adjusting the positioning of the glovebox would be too involved for your dealer to address.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 08:09 AM

I would just take it in and have it adjusted, rather than retrofitting some kind of fix yourself. Some solid solutions here, but you should voice your concerns to your dealer.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 02:54 PM

always better off taking it into the dealer, most are happy to take on these jobs and for all you know certain washers/screws/plates required might not be easy to find at most big box stores if you have to go that direction.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2020, 01:00 PM

i had that issue with mine. They said its a known issue, but not a recall. It was under warranty so it was a free fix.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page