Current Suspension - 2019+ 5th Gen Ram Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Current Suspension

Personally, I'm more than happy with what Ram has right now in terms of suspension. Current Active-Level four-corner air suspension is an amazing detail that decorates Ram.

Take control of towing, hauling and off-road adventure with the Class-Exclusive Active-Level Four-Corner Air Suspension System,1 standard on the Rebel and Laramie Limited models. This advanced technology system performs 2 important functions.

First, it maintains a steady level regardless of load, to maintain a constant driving profile and ideal headlamp-to-road angle. Second, it raises or lowers the vehicle depending on the need with 5 available modes to choose from.

Increase ride height up to 2-inches above normal for impressive ground clearance and approach and departure angles, or lower it to Entry/Exit mode for ease of loading and unloading. At highway speeds, the Aero Mode automatically lowers the vehicle, reducing aerodynamic drag and “body roll” while improving fuel efficiency.

I hope Ram will stick with this system and transfer it to the new 1500. Also, segment-exclusive multilink coil spring rear suspension makes a lot of differences.

Available on no other pickup in the class,1 and standard on the Ram 1500, the multi-link coil-spring rear suspension delivers tough towing and hauling capability without sacrificing comfort and handling.

The coil springs and heavy-duty shock absorbers combine for a lightweight design that not only soaks up bumps, but also provides more damping resistance to control upward and downward wheel motion, for optimal comfort and vehicle control.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 11:10 AM

I'd like to see the Ram Rebel's four-corner air suspension become a standard with all their models. It'll give us a little more ride height than the traditional kind and it'll probably attract those who want an on and off road ready pickup. Only downside is just how expensive it is to repair, I think it could run you up around $4k.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 11:46 AM

Though I would LOOOOVE to see Rebel's suspension as a basic model, I don't think that RAM is going to install it in all their models due to its expensive price.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 11:16 AM

If they don't plan on updating the suspension system, at least make the Active-Level Four-Corner Air Suspension System a standard across the lineup.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoHorn View Post
If they don't plan on updating the suspension system, at least make the Active-Level Four-Corner Air Suspension System a standard across the lineup.
Are you sure it's not gonna come as a standard? I thought that the new RAM lineup is going to be equipped with it.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 02:37 PM

Perhaps they will all come equipped with it. Is that the case with the current Rams?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 03:08 AM

To be honest I rather just have the multilink coil spring setup as standard. Most owners buying a base won't care for much and that has been the proven route for many years already. Just look at the current generation.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page