6'4" Ramboxes on their way - 2019+ 5th Gen Ram Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

6'4" Ramboxes on their way

Even though the 5'7" boxes are currently experiencing supplier issues, it looks like Ram is already developing a larger model. The RamBox is currently a $995 option on the 5'7" Crew Cab, but its currently unavailable on the Quad Cab models with a longer bed. Production for the shorter boxes started in July, but apparently Ram has built very few trucks with the option equipped. Early reports suggest the 6'4" models will start this fall.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 08:08 AM

Personally I think this is a fantastic option, and its a shame that Ram is having such a difficult time with production. It's an interesting move to announce a second option when they cant even deliver on the first. Maybe they are considering finding a new supplier.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 01:45 PM

This option has been available for years on previous gen models, so it doesn't really make sense that they are having supply issues all the sudden. Personally I think they should have just made it a standard feature for 2019.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

For whatever reason this option has always been difficult to secure, and there are only a handful of owners who we're actually able to have these equipped. If they had made it standard, that would have resulted in a delayed launch.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 04:42 PM

I bet that down the road RAM might convert it into an entirely in-bed system.

Convenience of the current system is great but its turning away buyers.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 08:22 AM

Chevy claims to have the biggest bed and GMC has gone with carbon fiber. Ram will have to fix their supply issues with the Rambox, to have their own identifier.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 08:12 AM

As the prices of pickups has continued to climb, so have the expectations for equipment. I know the starting MSRP on most trucks hasn't risen by all that much, but I don't think there are many who go with a base model anymore.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 03:52 PM

Police forces have been using pick ups more often and thus should mean second hand versions should be easy enough to find.
You just have to be happy with a bare bones product.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByTheHorns View Post
As the prices of pickups has continued to climb, so have the expectations for equipment. I know the starting MSRP on most trucks hasn't risen by all that much, but I don't think there are many who go with a base model anymore.
All the more reason for Ram to offer more standard features. I think the average price of most trucks with a moderate amount of options is hovering around $75k now. That's a lot of money for what is supposed to be a work vehicle.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page